Tuesday, June 9, 2009

pUriFy mY sEnsEs...

J.M.J.
Jun. 04, 2009

Oh! Purify my hearing that I may hear only your voice and be able to do your will. Let my ears always be attentive to your voice, to whatever you will say. Let my ears know your voice and never be gone astray. Let me hear the voice of my brethren calling for help. Guard me not to hear the voice of the evil persuading me and hindering me to hear and listen to you. Let my ears hear even your whisper and feel safe because you are near me.

Oh! My God! Purify my sight that I may see only your presence. Open my eyes to all the blessings and gifts you have given me. Let my eyes see your beauty and goodness. Fix my eyes to gaze only at you. Let me see the greatness of your creation. Purify my eyes and look only on things that will not harm my soul. Help me to see your presence to my brethren around me. Help me to look with them with kindness.

Oh! God! You know what is deep inside my heart. Purify my senses that I may free my soul in this body I have. Free my senses in every worldly desire. Let me smell the goodness around me. Let me taste the blessings you have showered upon me. Let me feel your love and care you have showed me.

How happy my soul will be, my God, after this purification. My soul desires You to control me. Work over me. Let me see what Your eyes would see. Let me hear what Your ears would hear. Let me feel what You would want us to feel. Let my soul thirst for your presence and taste only your goodness. O purify me, my God! Only You could suffice me.

No comments:

Post a Comment